Friday: found out about the earthquake/tsunami -- wasn't too worried since it only seemed to impact the northeastern part of Japan.
Saturday-Tuesday: Gradually started freaking out
Wednesday: Got a call from the padres, who were/still are in St. Thomas celebrating their 25th anniversary, telling me to look into different options -- emailed Marion and Melvin, the program directors for the Lima program, to see if it would be at all possible to transfer programs.
Thursday: Read some more news articles and started freaking out even more -- received an email back from Melvin and Marion saying I could transfer to the Lima program if I were to fly out that weekend in order to register for classes on Monday -- needed to tell them yes or no by thursday night/ASAP -- tried calling my parents who didn't answer or return any of my calls -- proceeded to freak out even more.
Friday: Finally reached my mom who then called our relatives in Tokyo to see what was up -- she called back about 30 min. later saying that my grandma didn't think it would be a good idea to come - parents then pushed the option of me TAKING A YEAR OFF and living at home -- decided I was going to do that -- then decided to switch programs; emailed Marion and Melvin telling them my decision as well as KC and CIEE to let them know what was up -- wrote a paragraph stating why I should study abroad in Lima for a second semester and sent it to Lisa Swaim (study abroad advisor) -- cancelled and received a full refund of my plane ticket to Tokyo -- booked a flight to Lima for the next day -- poured over class options online -- went shopping for stuff I needed -- PACKED.
Saturday: Left for Lima around 10 am and arrived at homestay a little after midnight.
So yeah, the past 3 or 4 days have been really crazy and stressful. At this point I'm just glad that I made it safely to my homestay, I get to learn even more awesome Peruvianisms, and I will graduate in 2012 as planned without having to take summer courses or be exposed to radiation!
(even though they say that the amount of radiation in Tokyo is negligible)
So yeah, the past 3 or 4 days have been really crazy and stressful. At this point I'm just glad that I made it safely to my homestay, I get to learn even more awesome Peruvianisms, and I will graduate in 2012 as planned without having to take summer courses or be exposed to radiation!
(even though they say that the amount of radiation in Tokyo is negligible)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario